Monday, July 6, 2015

So in love with making Junk Journals!

I go through phases In my Paper Crafting! I love to make cards, but now I've found I love to everything with paper! My newest addiction is Junk journals! Once you try one, you fall in love.  So many techniques and stamps all in one place! Most of my junk journals are made with Coffee Stained paper that I make and bake myself.  I've now found,( thanks to a friend) that I love the feel and result of using Tracing paper within my junk journal.  I find things laying around and think, oh i'll just put this in my junk journal. 
On Saturday, I posted the pictures of all of my tags that I created for this junk journal to add in the pockets and Tucks. I've figured out that Gel pens work best for me to write on the coffee stained pages.  I'm always looking for something new to make or do.  I handmade all of my Paperclip embellishments. I've started making my own Magnetic Book marks to add. The list goes on and as I find new things i'll try to share in a post here.
 
Of course I will always make cards in addition to Scrapbook pages, Art Journal pages, Cards and Junk journals.





 
 
Supplies used to Create this cover

Gears and sprocket die- Sizzix-Tim Holtz
clock face die- Sizzix-Tim Holtz
Embossing powder-Stampendous
DP-K and Company
Distressed with Coffee stain spray
Metal Filagree- Designs by Kellie
Metal sprocket embellishments- Spare parts collection
Metal dials- Tim Holtz alteration
Key from Michaels
Misc... fibers and ribbon
Misc... flowers from Michaels- coffee stained
Cheese cloth- Coffee Stained
 Distress ink in Vintage Photo
 
Challenges
 
Crafty Friends #9 Anything goes
Scrappers Delights #46 Anything goes
A Vintage Journey Destinations
Crafty Catz #286 Anything goes (2/3)
Jo's Scrap Shack #95 Anything goes (2/3)
Simply Paper craft Anything goes (2/3)
Sisters of Craft July Anything goes
Crafting with an Attitude #5 Anything goes (3/3)
Sparkles Monthly #69 Vintages/Shabby Chic (2/3)
Inspiration Destination #40 Anything goes
Anything but a Card-  Summer Anything
Come and Get it Anything goes with Flowers UL
Glitter n Sparkle #144 Anything goes
IDIC #271 Anything goes
Love to Create #14 Anything creative/mixed media 1-
 
 Great day for Challenges!!!
 


16 comments:

Sheri said...

Awesome junk journal. thanks for playing Anything but a Card Challenge

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful junk journal!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great junk journal page, love that steampunk watch...Thanks for joining Crafty Friends Challenge!

Michelle said...

Stunning what you make out of "junk".
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Nice job! Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Good luck and have a great day!

Cindy said...

How fun! Love all the textures and dimension you created. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week.

cass said...

Wow! Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge

Vickie Y said...

Fabulous junk journal! Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful Jink Journal :) Thanks for playing in the challenge at Jo's Funday Friday challenges :)
Tina DT

Debby said...

Great journal - Thanks for joining us in this weeks Challenge over at GLITTER N SPARKLE "anything goes"

Melanie said...

A lovely journal!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "flowers” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Junk Journal. Just love all the elements that you have added to it.
Thank you for joining us this week at Glitter ''N' Sparkle. Good luck and all the best.
Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)
DT-Owner Glitter'N'Sparkle

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

Helen x

Neva Cole said...

Simply amazing! Love all the little details in your "junk journal". Thanks so much for sharing with us at ABAC Anything Goes!

Jenny Marples said...

Loving this cover so much I'm off to see what lays inside! Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

M DelValle said...

Love your card! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights!